Video: Ron Artest Filed to Change His Name. How Do You Change Your Name?

As discussed by the video below, NBA player Ron Artest has filed to change his name to Meta World Peace:

So how do you legally change your name in Florida?

Generally, you file a petition for change of name in the circuit court where you reside and intend to reside in the future.  Your request may be expedited or hindered based on the facts of your case, such as whether you have ever filed for bankruptcy or been arrested for a crime.  Further, you need to be able to move your case forward; the knowledge of how to schedule a hearing for change of name could be the difference between getting a new driver’s license and languishing in name change purgatory.

If you would like to change your name and are looking to retain a Florida name change attorney, call The Law Firm of Adam B. Cordover, P.A., at 813-443-0615, or fill out our contact form.

About these ads

About Adam B. Cordover, Attorney-at-Law

Adam B. Cordover is a collaborative family law attorney and managing shareholder of The Law Firm of Adam B. Cordover, P.A. To learn more about The Law Firm of Adam B. Cordover, P.A. or to schedule a consultation, call us at 813.443.0615 or visit us online at Attorney Adam B. Cordover is admitted to the Florida Bar and the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida. His office is located at 412 East Madison Street, Suite 824, Tampa, Florida 33602.
This entry was posted in Family Law Explanation, Family Law News, Family Law Video, Name Change and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s