I previous wrote about filing fees in Hernando County, Hillsborough County, Pinellas County, Pasco County, and Sarasota County. In this post I review current filing fees in the Tenth Judicial Circuit, Polk County, for common family law matters. A person who initiates a family law case (the “Petitioner”) will pay the following:
- Adoption- $400.00*
- Child Custody (non-divorce)- $300.00**
- Child Support (non-divorce)- $300.00**
- Divorce (includes recording and reporting of final judgment)- $408.00**
- Name Change- $400.00*
- Paternity- $300.00**
- Temporary Custody by Extended Family Member- $400.00*
Counterpetition filing fees for the above types of cases are as follows:
- For cases with *- $395.00
- For cases with **- $295.00
Also, the Polk Clerk of the Court charges a $50.00 fee to reopen cases for modification (for example, to request that a child support or alimony order be changed). Additionally, there is a $10.00 fee for issuance of a summons (which in most cases is required so that the Court may gain jurisdiction over the other party).
Please keep in mind that these filing fees are subject to change.